One of the hardest things to get when outsourcing website design to a third party or freelancer is a complete custom website design. Now even though you might find that hard to believe, particularly when you are paying a huge amount for your websites development; but most third party website design firms find it easy to use a pre made and popular template which can be modified to your specific company. This is not only ripping you off in the long run but possibly giving you a low quality copied website. In this post we are going to look at one technique you can use to make a good custom website design.
- Think about how you want your layout to be and sketch it out in front of you.
- Add notes to your sketch about the functionality of the website and what division is the navigation bar etc.
- Sketch a good idea of what you want your banner / logo to look like and how it will fit it with the back end of the design.
- Use your sketches and own colour theme to build a draft website without ever looking at a competitor’s site, allowing you to know the design is completely custom.
- Modify your website as needed after the first draft.